The Department is tasked with the overall supervision of all the operations of the Central Organization of Trade Unions – COTU-(K) on behalf of the Secretary General.
It spearheads Implementation of the policy guidelines, procedures and coordination of the programmes and functional activities for the Federation and its Affiliates to ensure that issues affecting Workers are handled quickly and decisively to the satisfaction of all through Social Dialogue.
The Departmental duties include:
- In-charge of Human Capital at the Secretariat
- Maintain fixed and movable assets of the organization.
- Handle legal matters.
- Handle all Correspondence on behalf of the Secretary General.
- Performance Management and Maintenance of Standards.
- Management of Information Systems.
- Procurement and Financial operations.
- Periodic appraisal to the Secretary General on the performance of Tom Mboya Labour College (TMLC) Kisumu.
- General Administration.