Following other earlier consultative meeting; COTU-K Officials, Executive Board Members and General Secretaries from affiliate unions again met met with the top leadership of the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) to agree on the sticking issue in the implementation of the fund to its members. The two parties agred on the following five points as a way forward
- That NHIF will continues to offer both out-patient and in-patients services as has been before without any changes.
- The new changes announced by the fund remain suspended as directed by C. S. Cleopa Mailu and COTU-K do welcome this move
- COTU-K will constitute a consultative committee that will work closely with the top management of NHIF with a view of monitoring and updating our members on any changes as well as progress made with regards to to offering better services to them.
- That regular consultations between the parties will continue as has been the practice previously and changes to scheme should be consultative and agreable to all parties.
- COTU (K) appreciating the efforts being made by the NHIF to continue improving on its services both for Out-Patient and In-Patient services to our members.
Francis Atwoli Geoffrey Mwangi
NOM (DZA), EBS, MBS CEO, NHIF