Tom Mboya Labour College is fully owned by Central Organisation of Trade Unions, COTU (K) and registered under the Ministry of Education and is seeking to recruit a result oriented, self-driven individual to fill the vacant position of Registrar cum Deputy Principal
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deputize the College Principal.
- Ensure College’s conformity and alignment to the Government regulations, identifying gaps and mitigating them.
- Help in implementing the Institution’s strategic development plan, market and growth strategies.
- Identify training opportunities and set goals for the college that are in line with the government, college and stakeholders expectations.
- Be involved in the design, implementation and assessment of all college courses and curriculum required.
- Supervision and registration of new students including up-dating students, parents and members of staff on behavioral codes of conduct.
- Keep and maintain permanent academic records of each course participant.
- Responsible for the administrative operations in the Registar’s office
- Creating awareness amongst new and existing students and employees
- Creating training and building capacity for overall workers including motivating and monitoring their performance.
- Supervise sports and extra curriculum activities held at the college
- Attend Board meetings, update and share information on the college with the Board.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Secretary to the Board/Principal and the Secretary General of COTU (K).
- Update/brief the Principal on the relevant duties/responsibilities.
Desired knowledge, skills and ability
- Management and leadership skills
- Pedagogical training
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Team player
- Organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Masters Degree in social sciences/ Education/ Human Resources or Labour Management relations.
- 5 years teaching experience with at least two years in a similar field or as Deputy registrar of a similar training Institution
- Proven extensive involvement with Labour / trade union affairs
- Through knowledge of Kenya’s Labour Laws and relevant Constitutional provisions.
The Salary attached to this position is competitive
Candidates interested and meet the requirements should send their applications together CV, copies of their certificate and names of at least three referees to the following address to reach him not later than 11th November,2016.
The Secretary General
Central Organisation of Trade Unions, COTU (K)
C/o Tom Mboya Labour College
P.O Box 754-40100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.